Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Post Surgeries - Things have been great!!!!

Here is Alex taking his pacifier for the first time!


Momma holding Connor
Daddy holding Alex





Mamma holding Cade (for the first time)
Day 13-17 in the NICU have been Great! A little update, Connor was extubated a couple days after surgery. Cade was the last one on the vent and we finally got to take him off Tuesday afternoon and Court got to hold him for the first time today. We worked on weening him off the O2 for a while but he had a pretty major surgery just the other day.......no need to rush these things :) Alex has continued to do very well, getting kangaroo care daily (he's spoiled)! Connor has been on Kangaroo for the past few days now and Court, Connor, and I are loving it. Everyone is tolerating feedings, Alex 6ml/3hr, Cade 5ml/3hr, Connor 5ml/3hr. Oh and by the way, if they are eating they are pooping. Courts got this diaper changing thing down.......tough enough with one kiddo........but as most of you probably guessed.....I have a LOT to learn.
Cade is still our big fish weighing in at an impressive 2lb8oz, Alex is next at 2lb5oz, and then little Connor at 2lb2oz. I think the increased feedings will get everyone equal pretty quick.
I'm starting to realize that they're not quite as breakable as I once thought.
More soon.
Justin

2 comments:

  1. YEA!!! How exciting for everyone!!! I am so glad the boys are doing so well and I love how you are keeping us updated. I will keep you all in my prayers and hopefully they will be home with you both soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news! I am glad they are all doing well! We'll keep praying for your little guys!!

    ReplyDelete