Friday, June 5, 2009

Glucose test, What????

As if eating hospital food 3+ times a day wasn't bad enough, I had to take a test this morning to check my glucose level. This involved skipping breakfast, drinking a nasty sugar solution and having my blood drawn and tested.

Naturally..........I failed miserably.

So now, with a possible diagnosis of gestational diabetes - my menu, which was difficult enough to choose from, was cut in half and most of the things that I actually could tolerate were eliminated from the choices. Excellent (please note the sarcasm)

My one comfort was the fact that I could eat what I wanted....this big room just got a lot smaller :(

Well, I have nothing but time on my hands so I elected to take the 3 hour - worst glucose test. More fasting, worst sugary solution, more blood draws. I PASSED! Totally Worth It. M&M's here I come!

After a few days of feeling like I was gonna starve - Three boys sure do eat a lot -and countless finger pricks, I'm back to my semi tolerable normal menu choices. Justin makes frequent fast food stops for me though.

I can make it

No comments:

Post a Comment