Monday, June 22, 2009

Kangaroo With Alex


Yesterday when we got to the hospital we found out that we would be able to "kangaroo" Alex. When you kangaroo you hold the baby against the bare skin of your chest so you are skin to skin. We were so excited! I admit I felt a little guilty since it was Fathers Day and I was the one getting to hold Alex, but Justin was so sweet and reassured me that it was fine. Olivia, our nurse, slid Alex down into the top of my dress and we cuddled for several hours. It was such a great feeling getting to hold him for the first time. I can't wait to get to hold all three!










4 comments:

  1. Oh, Courtney! Your post and pictures brought tears to my eyes. Congrats on those babies. Wow. We think about and pray for you all daily. I know that this is a tough time, but you and Justin are amazing and I LOVE this blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little baby!! I am sure it was amazing holding your baby for the first time! Hope everything continues to go up hill and the babies thrive everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How precious! Love it. I really want to get up there and take pics of you two with your little guys. I'll be in touch with you to find out when you can hold all three!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What adorable pictures! Congrats on the three boys! We'll continue to pray for all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete