Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Is That The Light?

Yesterday I caught a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel. We are starting to make some major progress! Alex and Cade are now breathing room air with no nasal cannula! Connor still needs a little oxygen, but we are hopeful he will catch up soon. Today Cade took his whole bottle for the first time! So many exciting things all at once. I can't believe how different they are starting to look now that they are gaining weight. Connor currently weighs 4lb 2oz, Alex 4lb 9oz, and our chunky boy Cade weighs 4lb 12oz. You know you have been in the NICU too long when you start to think that a four pound baby looks chunky :). Justin saw a regular size newborn the other day and thought the baby was about 6 months old.
I am posting the latest pictures of our three beautiful boys! In case you have been wondering the circles on the babies cheeks are just stickers that hold the nasal cannula on. Cade and Alex still have them on just in case.
Alex
Daddy and Alex
Cade
Cade
Connor
Connor

5 comments:

  1. I love to read your posts and see pics of all the boys!! How funny that Justin thought a regular size newborn was six months old. I have a six month old who is HUGE!! Justin would laugh if he could see my chunky Ruby next to your precious little guys. Maybe they will like chubby girls one day and give Ruby a chance. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRECIOUS!!! Give them a few months and they will probably look like you did when you were a baby, Court! Cute rolls everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty boys (and yes, I know boys don't like to be called pretty, I am reminded by a few around here) but if you're pretty, you're pretty. I am laughing about the stickers, before you know it they will be putting real stickers on their faces, each other, the walls, and any place else you might not think of. so glad everyone is doing well. Hope you two are resting up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what beautiful babies! What made me realize how tiny they are is the pics with the pacifiers! They look so big on their tiny little faces! It will be so fun for you to compare these pics to when they are six months old! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Courtney! I have been stalking you and your boyS for a while! I am glad all is well....

    ReplyDelete