Thursday, July 9, 2009

Today was a good day!!!

Hello all,
The last week has been extra busy! Here is a quick update of everything that has been going on. Alex got sick, then Connor got sick, then (you guessed it) Cade got sick. Everyone had a bug that caused some setbacks. Alex had to be reintubated, and so did Connor. Cade toughed it out and never got to that point. Alex had it kinda rough and had to discontinue feedings then Connor had to do the same.

Today, Connor came off the vent (woo hoo)!!!! He was the last one.

All back on room air with a nasal cannula.

Cade has moved up to the big boy diapers (they are still the preemie diapers though). They look really funny to Court and I because we are used to the little micro preemie diapers. He is, as always, the big'un. 3lb 3oz.
Alex is 2lb 15oz -Almost 3 lbs!
Connor was sick the longest so hasn't put on weight as the others so he is around 2lb 7oz today.

Cade and Connor are taking feedings of 12ml/3hr and Alex is at 5ml/3hr.

We got to hold all 3 today!!! That was a refreshing change. Thinking back, I can't remember a day where we got to hold all 3.

I held Alex, who had Lasix last night to get rid of some extra fluid, and of course.......he peed on my chest. Oh well, something about it being my kid makes it not quite as gross.

We have several new pics that I will post soon.

Thanks for the prayers and thanks for reading.

More soon,
Justin

1 comment:

  1. Oh yea! I keep looking to see if you have posted. Glad today was good. I am sure it is not easy at all, but you two are so strong and positive. I admire it! :)

    ReplyDelete